A book launch

It's a small thing but I mentioned at the end of last year about a few short pieces of mine being accepted for a book written by a lady called Candy Baker. Well, the book is published and called "The wisdom of women" (my husband made the man joke about it being a very short book, not laughing!) and is being launched at a bookshop in Newtown tomorrow night. Yay, I will be there with bells on rubbing shoulders with other writer types. Funny as I actually do know a few people who will be there, other writers and artists.

The only hiccup with the book is that a piece written by another writer called Kerry Osborne has been wrongly attributed to me. I know this other Kerry, in fact when we e-mail each other we each sign off, "the other Kerry". We met at a writing group a few years ago. It is a shame for her as she is not ackowledged as a contributer in the book and I have both my own and her pieces to my name. It is also a bit odd as the piece she has written is a very personal account.

The author is most upset by the mistake and has been in touch to apologise profusely and told me that there will be a slip in the front of each book noting the error and that she will announce it at every public reading or launch of the book. In the end, the other Kerry and I laughed and said that we might become famous as "the two Kerry's". It seems that at least people might be prompted to read each of our entries into the book which is good.

So it is the last rainy day of school hols. I had better rescue Aden from too much TV as his brother is at a friend's place. Actually he probably won't be thrilled when I suggest a grocery shopping trip or a board game. Let's see.

love to all, K.xxx

Comments

Popular Posts