Hello Lovelies

Hello to any and all of my friends and family who might have a look at this page from time to time.

It has been over a month since I have posted anything so apologies for the delay. There is a lot going on in my little corner of the world at the moment which is wonderfully busy and a bit new for someone like me who generally prefers to stroll through life rather than run. I am even running through this blog post having given myself ten minutes to complete it before getting back to my novel writing.

So, I have started my mentorship with Dr Kathryn Heyman and after one meeting am forging ahead with my book that I have now worked on for so many years but finally feel to be on the home stretch. This still involves much new writing flavoured with all of the storylines and characters and places that I have come to know so well. It has been about finding the essence of the story as it is today and what resonates most with me right now since obviously I have changed since the start of the project. I am writing fast and it is exciting.

Also doing some copywriting work for several different people which makes me feel a bit professional and efficient, energised and busy. You know, doing things like having meetings and achieving deadlines.

On Thursday this week, the boys (including my delightful nephews) and I are going off to be in the filming of an ad for Football Federation Australia. Not sure yet exactly what we have to do but I think it involves jumping around and cheering as though we are at a game. The boys also need to show off their skills and tricks with a soccer ball. Will let you know when we will have our screen debut!

G off in Amsterdam for a work conference. Hope he is having a lovely time.

Ten minutes is almost up but what I was initially thinking of writing was that I had a free facial on the weekend and bought some new products and it seems I am now in the market for "Anti-aging" gloop or stuff or whatever it is we smear on our skins. I was thinking about that word and how unpleasant it is - "Anti-aging". There is not much point to being anti-aging because there is nothing we can do to stop it. Why should we be anti something that we cannot change? Why are we anti- ourselves? I quite like where I am thank you very much and hope to continue this way. I was thinking that we need some rebranding on these products to perhaps something like "beauty-enhancing" or "age-accepting". Anyway, I'll give it some more thought and get back to you. Also I think it is more effective to work on inner beauty rather than outer appearance at this stage of the game. But I still have the potions and lotions in the bathroom cupboard though I know I am fighting the inevitable.

That's all for now.

Sending love, love, love, K.xx 

Comments

Popular Posts