Is there anybody out there?

This being only my second post of 2013, I apologise to any friends and family who pop on here occasionally to see what I am up to or who are kind enough to want to know what is in my mind.

Well I have been working on my book but perhaps not enough. Just today for the first time ever (and many of you know that it's been over ten years in the making. OMG!) I thought, I just want this thing  finished. Not in a fed up way as I am happy with the work but in a needing to put it to bed way. I finally feel that it is good enough as it is and so I just need to wrap up the last few stray ends and submit it through the contacts of my mentor from last year.

So I have spent the morning tapping away and trying to make all the bits fit together which isn't that easy when you have tens of thousands of words forming images, characters and places. But other people do it, you have probably done it in some form or another, a masters thesis, an academic book, a novel, extensive work documents. Congratulations to you all, I admire you. I really do. I need to borrow some of your focus, drive and commitment.

Anyway, what else is going on? Winter is arriving just now at the end of May though I sit here catching some autumn sun before it travels to the other side of my work room for the afternoon. The tree across the street is filled with beautiful yellow, orange, red leaves and only the top branches are bare.

I picked up a card the other day from a café (so that's where I've been instead of at my desk!) that reads:
"It is only when we become aware that our time is limited that we can channel our energy into truly living."
Ludovico Einaudi. Musician.
You can make of that what you will.

I went to see the Archibald prize exhibition the other day with my mum who has been visiting and loved the work by Joshua Yeldham, the details, the textures, the wisdom. Beautiful.

Loving hanging out with the kids while they still want to hang out with me, what a blessing to have their energy, honesty and beingness so close. (Beingness: content just to be)

Giving time to my meditation and spiritual practice with the wish to be the best person that I can.

Getting to yoga every now and then to stay connected with body and walking mindfully on the earth by the coast to try not to float away.

Sending love pouring from my heart to you all. Hope you can feel it.

K.xxxx 

Comments

Popular Posts