Connecting in a new way

Hi Lovelies,

Since I was last here something big has happened in my small piece of the world. I joined Facebook!

I used to have an aversion to social media. One that was almost extreme. Perhaps I was afraid of it. Then my fourteen year old son (his b'day yesterday) joined FB (Facebook for those who don't know but perhaps it was only me!) without our knowledge and a message was sent to my brother in law asking if he wanted to be friends so it all came out. Soon after that I started work on a new website to be launched within days (watch this space) and I was advised to join FB myself.

There was internal resistance. Why? Because I thought it was self indulgent, a waste of time, a way of increasing self cherishing which I would rather decrease, something younger people did and a distraction from the real world and people before me.

Turns out it is a waste of time. I check it every day when I should be doing other work.

It is self indulgent. I post pics of nice stuff that I've seen and then check soon after to see if anybody else likes it.

It increases self cherishing because of the above, I like people to like my stuff.

Lots of young people use it. My son had hundreds of FB friends in about five minutes.

It is a distraction from the real world because when I hang out with my husband I want to check FB.

Hmmmmm.......but I like it. I like seeing what other people post and making those little connections with friends I don't see much. I like showing others what's going on in my world. I like spying on my son and his friends (nah, it's boring really!). I like checking out of the real world and into the virtual world of FB. And I like my page that will link to my website very soon.....you can find it on FB at

imagine365

But I like you more.

K.x

Comments

Popular Posts