Not knowing much

We don't know much. Not really. We have no idea what will happen in the next moment let alone next week or next year. But we try hard to control things all the same. We want to control what goes on outside of us but in reality we live with not knowing. We live with uncertainty.

We can do all the planning we like but life often takes us on a different journey to the one we had envisioned for ourselves. Instead of digging our heels in and refusing to play this game anymore, like little kids do, it seems that we need to accept each moment as it comes and do the best with what appears before us.

It is said that we create our future in each moment of our lives so it is important to be present right here and now and even more so to be aware of what is going on in our minds. This is often hard to do especially as many of us have such busy lives and a lot to do every day. It is difficult to remain awake and aware of where our heads are at when there is so much to get done. But if the future is being created through our thoughts, particularly through our intentions, then we need to try and find a way to make these the best that they can be. Also if we are not present to each unfolding moment then where are we and what is the point of achieving so much stuff if we are not even fully aware of it? What will we think when we get to the end of our lives and realise that much of it passed by in a blur of doing without noticing?

Where is my mind right now? Well, since this is the topic of today's blurb, I am relatively present. But further than that, what is my intention, what lies beneath? Honestly? It is my intention to write a piece each week on my blog, so here it is. Why should I do that? To keep up a writing practice and because even though nobody may read it, it makes me feel that I am sharing something of myself, my thoughts and observations with my mates. For what purpose? Because I love them (you) and hope that what I notice, or have to say may be useful. There, that's what I was trying to find. Okay, so my intention is pretty good right now and it would follow that I am creating something positive for the future. Yay.

Anyway, I hope you follow where I am going with this and that you might stop to check where your own mind is at so that you live with awareness and create a wonderful life as you do so. Let's keep love as our intention and then we can't go too far wrong.

Love is the message.
K.xxx

Comments

Popular Posts