Welcome to 2013 (a month late!)

Hi lovelies,

It has taken me almost a month to reappear in the blogosphere but here I am at my desk, my mind going off in several directions at once and not sure where to start.

Marty went off to his first day of high school yesterday and all went very well. He took the bus to and from his new school with a bunch of his old primary school friends and made it home very pleased wtih himself. We  have all been pretty relaxed about this new beginning - excited and relaxed.

It felt more of a big deal making the decision of where to send him for this next step of his schooling than actually doing it. For me the psychological hurdle was in accepting that I cannot prevent him from difficult times and in fact that would be against what we all know about inner growth and development. But it was hard to take in and took me a few months in the lead up. That is what I found confusing in the decision making process.

Then as he went off yesterday I was thinking about how high school is such an archetypal learning experience. In high school we encounter all of these different types of people and situations and we will also be playing various roles ourselves over the six years. I hope I can remember it like that when he comes home after a hard day or even a fantastic day. All of these experiences are essential in developing resilience, understanding, compassion and wisdom. Good luck to all of those newbies at high school and good luck to their mums and dads.

Aden went into year four without much fanfare, all a bit the same for him at the moment. He is just keen to be at school early and get involved with the sports before the bell rings. The classroom stuff he takes in his stride. It is as though he doesn't realise that he is there to learn, that is just a side effect of the social aspect. Something that needs to be done.He is a clever little thing and just gets the work done in order to make it to recess and lunch, back to running around with his mates.

So, the house is quiet and it is time for me to get back to novel writing. My last meeting with my writing mentor was back in late December and I am now on my own again racing to the finish line. Well, if you call doing the washing, drinking coffee, checking e-mails and adding a blog post racing to the finish line. Hmmm.....I better get to work. I have given myself a final deadline (deadline sounds scary....dead.....line.....) of June. Can I reframe deadline? By June I will have completed my novel and have it ready for submission.

Wishing you happiness, peace and love for 2013.

K.xxx 

Comments

Popular Posts