In flow

Hi Lovelies,

It's almost the weekend! What will we do with it? Work? Rest? Watch the World Cup? Walk? Run? Read? Play? Whatever it is, re-lax and enjoy.

Further to below where in my stream of consciousness writing piece that I shared I mentioned non-alignment. Well, it seems that thinking about non-alignment and not living our lives as per our deepest needs and wishes is in the flow of things at the moment. I was at yoga this morning and the teacher repeated over and over that we should take our practice into our lives and our lives into our practice. This linked me on to Brene Brown (brenebrown.com/) who seems to be a flavour of the month in personal development circles or perhaps I am just a bit slow on the uptake.

This also linked me on to a short piece that I wrote recently so I add that below;


What is it you do?

I have just spent nearly two hours of my day on an ancient meditation practice that I do not fully understand. I am also unsure about where it will lead me and if I am doing it right but I do it most days regardless. Some days I don’t even believe in it but there I am with my little blue book of prayers and a set of mala beads, at times a furrow between brows as I try to summon up the faith and imagination needed to engage in this practice.

You probably think that I am wasting my time and perhaps I am but the point is that I am dedicating myself to something that I think is worthwhile without being sure of the outcome. I am following my heart when I carve out this time in my day for my meditation practice.

It is the same with art. Those of us with an interest in pursuing any art form generally undertake the process without knowing where it will lead us or if it will be of benefit to anybody in any sense. Especially not a financial one for most artists but we do it all the same.       

            “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle.    

What do you repeatedly do? Because according to Aristotle you are becoming excellent at it. We could ask ourselves why we do the things we do day in and day out and if this aligns with our deepest wish for our lives. Our short lives.

Perhaps we feel like we have no choice in what we do over and over, we’ve got bills to pay, other people to support and so on. We have responsibilities. This doesn’t mean that we give up choice. Many of us could look around ourselves right now and see that we have more than enough of everything. Too much perhaps, maybe that’s what has us stuck.

Or maybe we could find other times to follow what it is that is most true to us and our vision of the person we want to be, the life we want to lead. Busy, we’re all so busy. I run into people that I haven’t seen for a while and they ask;

            “How are you?”
            Then sometimes before I even have a chance to answer they do it for me.
            “Busy,” they say, perhaps too busy themselves to wait for my response.   

So the question becomes, what are we so busy with? And further than that, is it what we want to be busy with? No doubt objections are arising in your mind as to the possibility of finding the time to follow what it is that is most dear to us, to you. That’s your problem to sort out. I’m just pointing out that our time on this planet in this skin is not very long and if we want to make the most of it now is the time.

You might think you don’t know what it is you hold as most precious though I am sure that you do. Most likely it is nagging away at your heart right now and you are trying to look away from it. It doesn’t have to be any grand ambitious plan. It’s probably something very simple, a quiet stirring that only you know about, a wish for more time to…………..   

 
That's all for now. Have a wonderful weekend.

Love, love, love, K.x

Comments

Popular Posts