Free at last

Hello Lovelies,

I finished my book.

I thought it would be a momentous cause for celebration. In fact I used to think that just to finish would be the most wonderful feeling in the whole world. And for a day or so it was......as the end approached I started to feel kind of giggly and excited. I knew that I was days away from finally typing "The End", from checking and making the tiniest changes and tweaks and I did feel very very pleased with myself. Then on the final day (well there never really is a final day because there's always something you could make that little bit better but you've got to say enough!) as I stood waiting for my coffee before coming home to read over the very last piece of the very last chapter, I felt teary and sad. But I came home and did it anyway and like I said, there was a day or so of elation though it felt a bit unreal at the same time.

"I finished my book," I said to my husband that evening but I don't think he really believed me.

"Really, I'm finished," I said again.

And I can't remember the details but he probably said, "That's great" or "Good on you" or something like that.

We probably made a toast that weekend (it was about a month ago now) but we often do, I think internally I was pretty hyped for a few days but then it's just normal and soon after that it's what next?

Next step is to get it published. Right now it is with two publishers!!!! So here's hoping. But the truth is that I am happy enough with the work that I feel quite relaxed about it all. Quietly confident. And also quietly confident that I'll be okay regardless of the outcome.

I was meditating the other day and I seemed to finally understand that happiness comes from the mind. Hope I don't forget. It was a light bulb moment. Don't you love those!

And what else is next? imagine365 is next.

I mentioned the website in my previous post and will no doubt mention it again because apparently I have to make a bit of a fuss about the launch date. Ummmm......will let you know when it is set. But get excited because it will be soon.....and it will be good. A website where we can all imagine the most wonderful things, the most wonderful world and share it with each other. It already looks beautiful and now I just need to learn a bit more about computer-y stuff and it will be up and running.

Watch this space.

And thanks. Thanks so much.

Love K,x


Comments

Popular Posts