It's February already

Hi lovelies, it's February already and I am only just back to my blog. January went by in a summery blur of children and beach visits and time in the country and sleepovers and movies and aquarium trips and now the boys are back at school and I am back here at my computer.

I didn't feel like writing last week because I found out on Tuesday that I did not receive a writing fellowship that I had worked hard for and was a bit disappointed so did not want to come here to put out a negative vibe. (Though I probably just did!).

Anyway, on I go reminding myself that it is not so much what happens to us but how we respond to it that matters. So I am determined to push ahead with my novel this year until I come to the end. It really has been too long going back and forth and always judging my work before it has even had a chance to become what it needs to be. I will be single focused and leave other writing projects (articles and so forth) aside until the book is done. Then even if it is not published I will be free to move on to explore other ideas and options knowing that I have done my best and finished what I began. Thanks for listening to me bang on about this for so long.

What else is going through my head? Enjoying the silence now that a cement truck has just moved on from where it had been sat just outisde my window for the last hour or so. What else? Turning now to see the blue sky outside, a breeze shaking the trees all so green and then inside my lovely writing room and feeling pretty lucky. Grateful for all this incredible good fortune and noticing how gratitude makes us feel so positive and energised.

I made a collage last year of images that fit with the ideas and mood of my novel (yes, when I should have just been writing it). There is the swirling ocean, gum trees, a stand of rainforest that looks dark and forboding, coral, kookaburras, footprints, seagulls on a fence, patterns from aboriginal artworks, a welcoming doorway, some religious iconography, a shell, some used tubes pf paint and a map of Australia. Sound interesting? I hope so. I had beeter go do something with all of that.

Will be back next week.

Sending love and light, K.xx

 

Comments

Popular Posts