Vinnie's Brithday

It is my little nephew's birthday today. He turns six. I thought I would write a little bit about such a precious little boy. As I stop for a moment and look up, thinking about what I will write about Vinnie, the first thing I do is smile. It is really nice to take a few minutes to think quite closely about someone you are close to, someone who you spend a bit of time with, someone in your family. It makes me notice all the really special things about Vinnie which when you hang around with someone quite a bit, you almost take for granted.
Vinnie just has the cutest smile. His eyes and face completely light up when I bend down and engage with him and he tells me something about his school day or about a game that he and Aden have been playing or something that his dad or mum said.
His voice is gravelly and loud especially when he is engrossed in a game with his brother or cousins. We all always say, Vinnie only has one volume, loud.
He is still small. Perfect for a cuddle.
Vinnie is really good at sport, all sport. He just gets right in to any of the soocer, cricket or rugby league games that are going on in the street and plays his hardest and best. It is great to watch.
He is always good natured and so easy to have around. He is polite and fair and always hungry or thirsty.
Vinnie really makes me smile and feel happy. I am lucky to have him in my life. Thanks Vinnie and HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Aunty.

Comments

Popular Posts