Gratitude

Here I am all ready to write, the whole day stretching out ahead of me, sun and fresh air coming in the window. Inspiration floating about the room waiting for me to tune in and put it down on the (electronic) page. A wonderful sense of promise. That feeling of possibility is what keeps people writing or following any passion. Thinking that anything is possible even though success in any conventional terms is often fleeting or may never come. Opened a thanks but no thanks e-mail earlier which almost stole away this motivating feeling but am keeping it at arm's length. The sun streaming in definitely helps.
Dropping a bit deeper in thoughts as I write now and a noisy garbage truck lingers outside.
Smelling the scent of a friend's perfume on me after a hug a bit earlier which is lovely.
Had a few lines published in Spoonful zine edition 4. We can celebrate small victories and must.
Am I coming to a point in this post?
It may be gratitude. They say that this helps us to stay positive and happy. Noticing the good things in life even as we grow up and become aware of all the shit things as well. In Buddhism we spend time acknowledging the difficulties of life so that we are not so surprised or outraged when they come. So that we can do our best to remain centred at these times and also keep working on creating good karma for the future instead of losing the plot. So that we can keep things in perspective and know that we are not the only ones facing hard times and that we are just one living being among countless others. I think it's easier on paper but perhaps something to aspire to. Nice to have something to fall back on.
I have moved away from gratitude and will try to come back. Although I am incredibly grateful for my spiritual practice so maybe that was the point.
I have pictures on my walls of Buddhas. Also artwork by others and a few attempts of my own. A beautiful mandala that Aden created which shows a flower pushing up through grass towards a sun and a blue sky. Above the flower sits something that looks like a ball of sparkling light and could be that sense of possibility that I talked about earlier. Quite beautiful. 
A frangipani curling up on the edges in a small vase. I love walking along the street and noticing the footpath covered in flowers, it seems such a magical thing to be walking on petals, like we are an ancient king or queen, the ground ahead sprinkled with flowers. Also to find the perfect frangipani and pick it up. One that is unblemished and smells so sweet.
Time to get on with some other writing. Am back on my novel at the moment which is exciting and exhausting at once.Got to stay with the former to keep going.
Sending love and light into the world on this fabulous Thursday, K.xx

Comments

Popular Posts