Let's sail away on our invisible love boat

I play a game with the kids called shark infested waters. I learnt this game when I was a little girl. It was taught to me by my best, best childhood friend and her mum. What you do is jump on a big bed and, pretending that it is surrounded by sharks, try to tickle or rumble each other off the bed and into the shark infested waters. Whoever stays on the bed wins. Whenever we paly we laugh so much that there is not much fear of the waters and I often let myself be pushed off in the end because it can go on for a long time otherwise.
I was playing this game recently with Aden and in the end we were both lying on the bed getting our breath back when I asked how we were going to get to the kitchen for breakfast since we were still surrounded by sharks. And Aden said, "We could sail on our invisible love boat."
What a beautiful and poetic line from a seven year old. Of course that is what we did.
So that line of his has inspired me to watch out for more poetry in everyday life and to paint it as well, to paint an invisible love boat which is not as easy as it sounds......I wonder what images come into your mind from that line?

"We could sail away on our invisible love boat."

Some others that I have heard since then are.....
"a tiny fish whisper"
"a picture forest"
"tickle love"
"falling off the edge to happiness"
"sinking into the present"

Keep your ears open. I would love to hear your everyday poetry.

I was writing freely the other day about why I write. Here it is...............
Finding clarity, making sense, exploring my mind, trawling through experiences, making stuff up, imagining worlds, allowing gems to appear. To see jewel-like glittering forms and to love the world.

So, yesterday Aden had a little bit sick day off school and we built a space ship in the sand at the beach and took off with him at the controls (a straw sticking from the sand and a bottle top) and flew to Mars. We got out and walked around, to see what we could see. Anyway, we kind of forgot that we were on Mars and ended up walking home soon after and as we were nearly here, I said that maybe some other kids could go somewhere on our space ship that we had left behind on the beach.  But Aden reminded me that we had left it on Mars so that would be impossible. 

Happy travels, love K.xx

Comments

Popular Posts