Blah, blah, blah with meaning


So the dog is walked, the boy is back at school, husband at the office rather than working from home, recently finished high school student and part-time cinema worker at the beach and I’m at my desk.
After having so many ideas and jotting them down over recent weeks I don’t know what to do with this opening of a few hours time. Start one of them is the obvious answer and I will get to that once I’ve arrived here and called “Hello” and “Ahoy there” to the world. Ahoy there????
I find that creative work takes so much trust and there are days when trust is hard to find. Instead of trust is this voice that says get a real job, who are you kidding, you have nothing interesting to say, look at your phone, scroll through social media (because that makes you feel better!!), clean the bathroom, blah, blah, blah.
My spiritual teacher, who is Tibetan, often uses “blah, blah, blah” to describe our thoughts. I find it funny whenever I hear that. It sounds imprecise, as though he doesn’t want to specify what those thoughts might be. Yet I know that every word he uses, including blah, blah, blah, has purpose and meaning. So it seems to me that the reason he uses that description is to imply that whatever it is we are thinking is not that important. Further to that, these thoughts are quite possibly wrong, deluded, made-up, not true. This is not to denigrate our thinking but to allow us to see through it. Not to take our thoughts too seriously, to be discerning with what we have flowing through our consciousness, to bring attention to it so that we can check these things for ourselves.
Asking; is this thought true? Is it helpful? Is it kind to myself and others? Is it leading me to where I want to go?
Offering the suggestion that we let it go like it was blah, blah, blah.
And if I check like this with reference to above musings on what is obstructing me from creating something new today…..hmmm….not helpful, not true, unkind, causing a barrier to what I want to achieve.
So the purge has been made and I will now get on with my other writing tasks.
Thanks for listening/reading. I hope there is something useful in there for you today.
With gratitude and love, K.x

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your private thoughts Kerry. Good to know someone else thinks the same way. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts