we write to taste life twice......

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospection........." Anais Nin.
What a wonderful moment following my six year old through the bushes looking for clues that a lion or a bear lived in there. We must be quiet and I am to follow. We find clues everywhere but do not speak, only look at one another with wide open eyes and raised eyebrows. We pass some time going around in circles and I wonder if he knows we have been here already but approached from a different angle. He squeezes through small openings and I have to shrink to go after him. He holds branches aside to let me pass and then quickly takes the lead again. When we are finished and emerge from the trees, he says, "You know I was just making all that stuff up," reassuring us both.

Comments

Popular Posts